Monday, September 3, 2012

The Beach

Apart from the fiasco in April, we have not been to the beach all summer. I think I was traumatized by the gazillion hour ride that May claimed would only take 30 minutes. Stupid traffic had other plans for us. I digress!

We met up with some friends for some beach fun and to celebrate Vanessa's birthday. It is a beach in Newburyport, about 30 mins away. There was hardly anyone there but our group. It was so peaceful and beautiful!


This was my childrens third time at the beach. Cait FREAKED out the first time. (She was about 18months old). So we didn't go back until this past April. And even then she was not too fond of it. This time was different. She let the water creep up her ankles and splash all the way up her dress and in her face.
Her lips were purple and she was shivering but she insisted she wasn't cold and wanted to keep going in. I think she might be ready for swimming classes, unlike last year!


Jayden and Cait made Vanessa a card for her birthday


Jayden had so much fun with Hayzel, Owen, and Vinny. He thinks they are the greatest kids ever. He thought he  could take on the big waves. He tried inching deeper and deeper into the water. I ruined the fun by telling him he couldn't go in so deep. Oh well.







All of the kids hugging Vanessa after we sang to her

Cait became pretty ornery (surprise) after I said no more water.

I love how engaged everyone is in Jayden's story

She wanted to bring some of the beach home with her
The kids fell asleep within 5 minutes of being tucked into bed. I wish we lived closer to the beach! We would visit every afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!