Thursday, September 13, 2012

Another day down!

We started off with our World History encyclopedia and went a little more in depth on fossils.

 We discussed how the clues from fossils allow paleontologists to learn about the past.
We watched a video (linked from the Usborne Encyclopedia) about tons of fossils found in Madagascar.
We also played a game, putting in sequence pictures of a dinosaurs death all the way until his fossils are discovered.
 Jayden is almost done with his pattern chapter in math.
 Cait practiced writing the number 5 again.


 When she was done she decided to write in her notebook. She wrote lots of w's, c's, 8s and 3s.
 Here is one of her 3s.
 Jayden worked on his spelling and grammar.

I was recently contemplating how to include some calendar work. I also wanted to chart the weather changes so that we can keep track of the temperature as the summer slips into fall. I struck gold when I checked one of my favorite homeschooling websites and found that Erica at Confessions of a Homeschooler just created two FREE printable notebooks (one for Preschoolers here, and one for older grades here). It has everything I was looking for and more. I am going to print them off and include them in our daily work.

Happy schooling! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!