Saturday, September 29, 2012

Library Science Co-op


Twice a month we have a science co-op at the library. Juan brings Jayden and Caitlin. I meet him there when I am done with my classes. I'm mentioning this because you will notice there aren't 654651231651321654651 as many pictures as I would take. You will also notice this during future co-ops. May and I hosted this time.



 

They did 3 science experiments with May. I don't know what the hell is going on here. I think it has something to do with sinking and floating.

I don't know what the hell this is.
Ohhh!!! I know what this is! Ocean in a bottle project! 


I never got a chance to take pictures of the kids doing the projects I brought, but they made aquariums which looked something like this:

This is Jayden's
I also made each child a "socktopus."(Directions for these can be found here) I was in a rush so we closed them off with rubber bands, instead of sewing them shut. My sewing  sucks!  Apparently, I had the most sewing skills out of everyone in the room. So while the lopsided and poorly stitched eyes were sewn on by me, no one laughed at the atrocity I created and All the kids all loved them!



 After co-op, Jayden read a story to Sydney




while Little Miss Anti-Social Cait played with the train set.

2 comments:

  1. Geezus Tania! The first one is a "sink or float" observation. The second one is an experiment to find out whether an egg will float in fresh water or salt water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There you go folks, an explanation of the science experiments!

      Delete

Please leave a comment!