Thursday, April 18, 2013

We love library time. It's peaceful. It's quiet. It's a time we sit and read, both together and alone. I am glad to see my children so interested in books. I have read to them almost every single day of their lives in hopes that they would enjoy books the way I do. It seems to be working!

Cait loves this rocking chair. She calls it her "granny seat"!





We finally planted the seeds. The kids were amazed at how the soil pellet doubled in size once they added the recommended amount of water. They also learned what a teaspoon is.

The seeds were really small and we had to count out six of them. We used a magnifying glass to count them. (I'm pretty sure some extras were dumped in when I wasn't looking!)

 

  


From left to right we have: Cait's Daisies, Jayden's Strawberries, Mommy's Poppies, and Daddy's Cilantro.

The kids faithfully check on their plants daily. The plants require little maintenance, thankfully. I'm pretty sure they would die otherwise since I am terrible with plants. (How have my kids managed to make it this far?) 

Speaking of my plant nurturing abilities, it looks like Cait has my "green thumb" - or lack of one. She watered them a couple of days after we planted them and I'm pretty sure she drowned them. LOL! 

Hopefully we see something sprouting soon. 

1 comment:

Please leave a comment!