Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Miss Scarlett is really impressed with how well Cait has done abandoning her fears in the pool since we have gotten back from FL.





We finished an Earth day book far quicker than I expected. But the kids LOVE the "Ready Freddy!" series.
Because T4L is no longer a good fit for Jayden, we have been on the hunt for a math curriculum for him. I gave him an assessment test to figure out where he is. I will say T4L has done a great job teaching him the basics in math. The worksheets we have been doing to supplement have also really helped.

I gave him the placement test for Saxon Math and he scored into the 3rd grade! I felt like the test may have been a bit too easy and sure enough I found reviews saying Saxon math is a little behind what they say each grade level is. So I decided to retest him using  Math U See. This curriculum does not have defined grade levels. Instead it focuses on particular mathematical skills. Jayden scored really well in the Beta book, but I purchased it anyway because he needs to brush up on a few things that this book focuses on. We will be using it until he completes the workbook. In the meantime I will either look for a new curriculum for next year or we will continue with MUS and move on to the next book. It all depends on what works best for Jayden. 
 
 Caitlin has been loving the T4L and begs to do it all the time.
She continues to work on the sounds of letters because she is desperate to read her new Justin Bieber book.
  
T4L Math worksheet

Worksheet courtesy of Education Creations- a fabulous website with TONS of worksheets
 
She dozed off for 5 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!