Friday, April 5, 2013

Last day of vacation/ Jayden's 7th birthday!




In our family we do not just celebrate birthdays. No, we celebrate our birthweek. This means that for a full week leading up to the day we were born, we celebrate. We reminisce. We make plans for the big day. We make it a big deal. Why? Because it IS a big deal! And we love to celebrate big deals!

Our vacation to FL was specifically set up on Jayden's birthweek as a celebration for him. As you can see, we definitely had lots of fun.

Our last day of vacation was also Jayden's 7th birthday. Time really has gone by so fast. It doesn't seem possible that this was already 7 years ago!
My boy woke up on his 7th birthday and put on his miner hat. He was still groggy and half asleep as I snapped pictures of him. As you can see, he was not pleased.


 We went to Ihop for breakfast, another birthday tradition in our family.

By this point my camera was still dead since I couldn't find my charger, and my phone battery was quickly dying as well. So titi Des came to the rescue and took pictures for me. *She was kind enough to take pictures of her pictures since she is having computer issues, so these are the best shots I can post right now of my boy's birthday!

 He ordered a chocolate milkshake.

While he was drinking, someone dipped his face into the whipped cream... Messy birthday faces? Another family tradition!
After breakfast the waitresses at Ihop sang to him and gave him some ice cream, which he immediately told his sister to come enjoy with him! <3
 Ice cream? He definitely didn't have to tell her twice!
After breakfast we went back to the house and got ready for swimming. We had been dying to get into the pool!



 *I charged my cell phone a bit as we got ready so I was able to get some pictures!


We swam for a couple of hours, shooting each other with water guns, having a grand old time!

Then we headed off to the Wow Factory. This place was a LOT of fun!!! The kids went on a "ropes course" with tio JC, played in a ginormous ball pit, played games in the arcade, and last but not least, we played laser tag. Laser tag was all Jayden truly wanted to do for his birthday, so I am glad his wish came true.
By this point we were all pretty tired and overstimulated so we headed back to the house. An excellent cure for being tired? Sugar. Lots of it. In the form of a magnificent, decadent, amazing, Coldstone cookie dough ice cream cake. Which we topped off with a new Ninja Turtle toy.
 *Somehow between taking a picture of the cake and singing to my prince my camera lens got smudged. So the next couple of pics are quite crappy.


 
We had such an amazing time in FL. I am so thankful to my husband, who worked his behind off to make this possible. I am also thankful to my sisters Des & Nayida and my brother in law JC for showing us such a great time. 

I am especially grateful for my little boy who said "Best birthweek ever, mom!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!