Wednesday, September 22, 2010

I love her!

I got this message from my little sister N in reference to my post about why I homeschool! She is terrific! 

So I read your blog and I swear I got teary eyed, like wth what a sap right. Anyway you're such an eloquent writer, and anyone who reads it would be able to tell how much thought you put into your decision to homeschool the kids. Hell after reading it I wish I got homeschooled. Lol. Needless to say I'm extremely proud of you for sticking to your guns on this. The kids look like they really enjoy it and you're 120% right about the goal of education being preparation for the future and that there is no better way to learn through experience. I feel like the first eight years of school was useless to me. It wasn't until I went to Gibbons and the teachers took a different approach to learning that I actually got something out of going to school. My favorite teachers were the ones that taught through open discussion and gave us stuff to think about instead of just shoving facts down our throats and expecting us to regurgitate them. J and C are gonna have a huge advantage over other kids their age because they're gonna need to be able to think critically and be analytical and those are things you seem to want to focus on. They're extremely lucky to have you as a mom and I know our mom is super proud of you cus I am and who doesn't agree with me lol. Anyways I love you, hope this brought some joy to your day, save it for when you get frustrated cus we both know with those two the time will come lmao. XOXOXOXOXOXOXOX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!