Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Day 2!

Last night I stayed up later than I should have, putting together our lesson plan for the week. Obviously we don't all have the same workbooks but here is my lesson plan in case you wanted any ideas or in case you wanted to peek at what we were doing: Lesson Plan

I also put together our file folder with this weeks lessons (minus the larger workbooks). The last section contains printouts to be used in future lessons. All of our File Folder files go in our Friday slot with Fridays work since Fridays will be "File Folder Friday"!
File folder & Lesson plan folder

J was pretty eager for school today and breezed through- what I thought would be a 2 hour school day- in just one hour!

Here is how our day went:

Practicing writing the number 1- worksheet courtesy of Confessions of a Homeschooler


He memorized and drew pictures for our two "A" sight words





Rojo (or lojo according to J) means red in spanish



Practicing capital and lowercase A's

And he did an alphabet connect the dots page!

Meanwhile
Miss Sassy C colored...


She counted her crayons (2, 3, 5, 8!)


And enjoyed a graham cracker!

The finished product!


At some point during J's spanish lesson C left the room. I went to check on her and found her doing this:

Sweet, right?


So I decided to sneak back out and let her read in peace. A few minutes later I hear gleeful squeals on the baby monitor. I went back in to check on her because I had a feeling she was up to no good... and I was right!

Coloring in a book!

I took away her crayons and she is still moping in her room 20 minutes later!

2 comments:

  1. C is so adorable. When you went in to check on her the first time, I bet she was just putting up a front. She knew once you checked on her 1 time, she could go and do the "naughty" things. Too bad she got caught!

    J's penmanship is amazing! H will typing his letters for the time being, but I bet J can start writing short notes.

    Great Job, T!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm betting you are right about C! As for J he really is doing a great job on his penmanship! I love how H knows how to type already though! Thanks for the compliments! Now go update your blog woman!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment!