Friday, November 18, 2011

TGIF!

Yesterday was our longest day of the week! We started off with a play date at Olivia's house. The kids had SO much fun! They have a bearded dragon, 2 cats, birds and fish!





Olivia, Eric and Rachel shared their really cool toys with the kids. They have the perfect playroom!












After destroying the beautiful and clean play room, the kids made pizzas















Cait ate every single pepperoni off of her pizza before it even made it to the oven!

Eric eating his lunch!





Olivia supplied Cait with tons of pepperoni while the pizzas were cooking LOL!
 Afterwards we went to the library to drop off our DVDs and headed to swim class. Joel was a little tough  on Jayden but I know it's because Jayden is constantly trying negotiate or compromise instead of just doing what he is told. At one point, Joel pushed Jayden into the pool. Jayden immediately surfaced and started coughing a little and I popped up from my seat, not to help Jayden (who was fine and actually quite proud of himself!) but to go flip on Joel! I was LIVID! At the end of the class I told Joel that I SAW him push Jayden into the water. He then told me if he didn't think Jayden could handle it, he wouldn't do it. I think Joel is trying to teach Jayden that he is not in charge and some things are not up for negotiation. I have to admit, Jayden DOES act like a businessman, just like someone I know. LOL! He is CONSTANTLY trying to negotiate and Joel always tells him "You will be a great salesman, but this isn't a class for selling, it's a class for swimming!" Jayden LOVES this class and never complains so maybe I am just being overprotective, but I am always ever-so-grateful when 2:30 approaches and swim class is over for another week.
Giving credit where credit is due, Joel is a really great teacher. The difference from the first class to yesterday, his third swim class, is AMAZING! Jayden puts his head in the water completely and tries to swim under water for longer periods each time! This is the boy who, in the first class, would not have anything above his lips in the water for more than a a few seconds! I suppose this means that his methods with Jayden are working, I just find it hard to remember in the moment.

I simply can not believe how big my baby is getting!










Jayden negotiating with Joel about how he will get in the water




 








Joel about to push Jayden in the pool!

When Joel pushed Jayden in!



After swim class we headed to Imajine That for science class where the kids learned about magnets. They walked around checking to see what surfaces the magnets stuck to.



After that Jayden stayed in the craft section. Apparently he was cutting out hearts for the ladies!
 They ran around and played for awhile with Olivia and Eric who joined us at Imajine That.  And Cait played with baby Rachel and even got to carry her! Rachel is seriously the happiest baby I have ever seen!
 





 




The kids had a really busy but great day!

1 comment:

Please leave a comment!