Saturday, March 30, 2013

Vacation Part 1!

*I am breaking up our vacation into several blog posts due to the massive amount of pictures I have.

We went on our first vacation as a family of four during spring break. It was so much fun!!

I had this grand plan to incorporate geography into our trip. A little bit of history too. We were going to stop at half the states on our route to collect postcards one way and we would stop at the other half to collect them on the way back. We would take pictures, put a stamp on little passports that I intended to create, and I would read to them a little about each state that we passed. Sweet right?

Well that went to hell in a handbasket when we all caught a stomach virus before I could put together anything past my plan! It was a rough few days in our house. Four human beings. With a stomach virus. In one bathroom.

Cait was struck with it first. She went to bed perfectly fine. Suddenly Juan and I heard the unmistakable sound of vomit. This was only a few days before we were supposed to leave. We hoped it was food poisoning, cleaned up the mess (well Juan took care of the mess while I cleaned up Caitlin)and she fell asleep. Fine, a little hiccup, but nothing that would cancel our vacation starting Wednesday.

20 minutes later she puked again. 20 minutes after that, again. She continued puking every 20 minutes for 4 hours. Well, crap.



 

We brought her to the ER and learned that she had a stomach virus. The nurse said she had been seeing a lot of it lately.

"Is it contagious?" I asked, knowing damn well it was, but hoping, praying, begging, that she would say otherwise.

She just looked at me and lied straight through her teeth. "We'll see." I knew I was in trouble when she smiled.

Damn.

She sent us off with anti nausea meds and wished us the best.

When Jayden, Juan, and I started feeling off the next day I knew what to expect. I will skip the horrid details because this isn't that kind of blog. Luckily we were on the mend within 36hours. 12 hours later we were packed and ready to go!

It started off like this:







 

 We drove until they looked like this:




We stopped to rest and suddenly they were wide awake, excited to be spending the night in a hotel.
The next morning we left before the sun rose. Jayden was too excited to rest in the car but Cait napped a few times.


 

And finally we arrived in the sunshine state!


To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!