Friday, February 1, 2013

My amazing boy!

Have I ever mentioned how much I love the kids' swim teacher? Seriously, every week all of the parents mention at least once how Miss Scarlett is so fabulous and there is no one else they will let teach their child(ren). I'm so on board with that. She is AMAZING!

You know who else is even more amazing?! My boy Jayden!!!!!!! He got to swim with NO FLOATS this week!

He started off with one incredibly loose float tied around his waist.


 This little lady watched him.



Work it buddy!
 This little lady smiled!

That splash was Jayden diving into the pool

Then I watched as Miss Fabulous Scarlett took off his float. He saw her do it. He raised his arms to let her take it off! But I guess it didn't register with him. He "chicken, star, squeezed" (Miss Scarlett's description of the swimming technique)  his tiny hiney over to the deep end.
  He was owning that pool!
 
He went back and forth from the deep end to the shallow end two full times before he realized he was floatless.
"Jayden I want you to go back to the shallow end doing <insert the name of some technique here>," said Miss Fabulous Scarlett.
Jayden, who was treading water in the deep end, frantically searched for his float before he finally sputtered, "Wait! Where's my float?! I need it!"

And Miss Fabulous Scarlett told him "You can have it back if you want but do you realize you've been swimming without it this whole time?"

And a huge smile came across that boys face! He was so proud of himself.We are SOOO proud of him. This was a boy who last year could not swim AT ALL!!!!! And he had several months off this year. And, and, and... well he is just amazing! <3
He continued owning that pool floatless. Then he told everyone he could think of about his latest accomplishment.


And as Jayden went with his daddy to get dressed, Little Miss Sunshine and I stood back and watched the senior citizen class do some water exercises. Cait even danced with them.
 She got really into it until she realized the class was watching her and calling her beautiful.
Then she was too shy to continue!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!