Tuesday, February 5, 2013

IT

This time I checked the local school district and made sure school was in session. Good right?

Uh, no.

Apparently I should have checked the bordering state. MA students local to our indoor playground had a 1/2 day. Crap.

There were some older boys launching toys at other people. These boys were at least Jayden's age. Old enough to know that wasn't ok. I tried removing my kids from whatever section they were in but they seemed to gravitate toward us. Not cool. I tried to leave but the kids did not want to go. Another mother trying to play with her children got really upset when a plastic roasted chicken got aimed her way and barely missed Jayden's face.

Uh, no.

She asked them where their mother was but got no answer. I finally asked them to please stop throwing things because they were going to hurt someone. What I really wanted to say was something totally inappropriate but I decided against it. They ended up running to a different section thank goodness.

Meanwhile we got there early enough to do a fun creative movement class.  The kids started off listening for the animals mentioned in the song. Then they had to imitate the animal.


Jayden was unsure at first but once he heard the music he was out. He said, "Mommy, I prefer rock and roll music!"

So my girl danced her little buns around the room. She was everything from a bunny to a snake, from an elephant to a mouse.



 
 They also played freeze dance.

 We played "check out"
 


 They ran up the dinosaur climbing structure and slid down the slide.

Cait put on a puppet show while we watched.


 Her puppets were violent.


Then we watched Jayden's puppet show. 

 It was violent too.

 They got dressed in various costumes in an attempt to put on a play. 







 Then they disappeared before ACT I.













 I love this giant sized chalk board!
 Jayden made a story. "I went to space. I saw the Sun and Saturn. The End."
 Then Miss Sarah read the kids a story about beetles.

 And the kids did a stamp and coloring activity.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!