Monday, December 16, 2013

School days


Jayden is nearly finished with his second grade grammar book. I decided that for the remainder of this year, he should work on some fun activities in grammar. May suggested mad libs, which is a great and fun way to practice grammar!

Last week I printed off a couple of mad libs from ClassroomJr.com.

 These are his spelling words for the week.
 
Lately Jayden has been forgetting to check over his work. He forgets to add his name (not important) and the date (important for chronological organization for the evaluator). I've also noticed he is not using his best handwriting. Around the same time I stumbled across this "Check Your Paper" freebie.

I decided to make one similar to that one, but more Jayden-like. I found a Batman picture, and with the magic of Microsoft Word, created this quick little document. I am putting it inside of his workbox and he will check things off (mentally or with a dry erase marker since I laminated it) every time he finishes an assignment.
This week we are working on numbers 1-5 in Spanish.
 
And finally, in math, Jayden worked on measuring in grams.
He is nearly finished with his 2A textbook, which means he will start on his 2B textbook after the holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!