Friday, September 20, 2013

Creative Writing Class

Last week we joined our first creative writing class. Jayden has always been into writing little stories in his notebooks. When I first told him about the class, he was really excited to participate. And of course, Caitlin is always up for new things.
The class had three activities. The first one had the kids draw a bug and use the legs to write adjectives about themselves.
The next activity was writing a short autobiography. We brought in pictures that the kids picked out to add to their stories.
Before the kids started their autobiographies, Amanda (the teacher) shared hers.

And last, the kids got to write something called a "Snot Essay"- which involved anything gross that they wanted to write about.
Jayden is so anti dirt and mess that this was all he could come up with. It says "This is me drinking mud." Below it is a picture of him holding mud.

You could totally hear the disgust in his voice when he read it aloud.
Cait went all out with hers. She told me what to write and it said: "I like to smell gross things. I love smelling daddy's belly button. It smells like dirty butt. I love when Jayden farts. It smells like green beans. I love calling people to smell my poop. Sometimes my poop is green and sometimes it is brown. I poop really big. My favorite shoes are my pink shoes. They make my feet smell like vinegar and poop." Then she drew a picture of her stinky pink shoes.

It was sooooo hot that day so the kids played in the slip and slide at Amanda's house for an hour.

Later that evening Jayden and Caitlin finished their autobiographies. Here is Jayden writing about how much he loves football and Tom Brady.
He also wrote about Caitlin, laughing the whole time. He ended it with "She makes me laugh like I'm in heaven." (which is his way of saying he loves her!)


Here is a picture Caitlin drew of various flips, twists, and splits she wants to try when she goes to gymnastics next year.
We can't wait until the next class next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!