Monday, September 30, 2013

Brickapalooza!

Jayden LOVES legos! When we heard about a basic engineering class that meets twice a month and was taught with legos, we knew it would be perfect.

May will be taking Hayzel Jr. as well, and kindly offered to take Jayden with her to the class. I wasn't there so I am going to pretend that's the reason why I have no knowledge about what is going on. This is an excerpt from the curriculum that they will be using from now until November.

"... students will build simple and motorized machines learning about levers, pulleys, measurements, gear ratios, and much more. Children work in small groups to first build mechanisms based on lesson instructions and when familiar with the challenge children will
be asked to improve on the design."

All I know is Jayden came home ecstatic! He loved the class, loved being partnered off, and loved using legos!



Cait and I spent that time alone together reading, playing, and just chit chatting. I wanted to sign her up for a preschool class during that block of time but it hasn't worked out so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!