Thursday, January 12, 2012

This Week!

 Here was school this week for us:












  Apart from regular math, reading, LA, etc. that I always show, I wanted to show you that we also do other things, such as photography, art, music, and imaginative play!
Jayden took this picture








Today was supposed to be swim class for Jayden but all of the children are still sick. We also had a play date that we couldn't attend because we (May & I) are worried that the kids are still contagious. Instead, we went to the library (which was empty, most likely due to the snowy and cold weather) and let the kids burn off some energy. They have been home for over a week and the cabin fever was driving us all mad!










While at the library I was pleasantly surprised to see that Jayden can read beyond the level I thought he could! I know he is an advanced reader, but he has surprised me with the words he has read lately such as research, discovered, adventurers, danger and mystery.

Here are the books that we borrowed today:

Jayden has also been asking for computer work/ a desk for a while now. I set up this little station for him yesterday. I made a separate account for him on my laptop with parental controls, only allowing him to visit certain sites and use certain programs. This weekend we will be ordering a more comfortable chair!

I'm putting together a new curriculum for both Jayden and Caitlin over the next few weeks. While Jayden is only in kindergarten, I am happy to report that for math, he is on the second half of first grade, and he is definitely, at the very least, the same for reading. He also received the news from his swim teacher that during his next class, she believes he is ready to swim with one less float on his belt! (He started off with three and is now going to switch to two). I am sharing this information, not only to share how proud of him I am, but also because I know that our family will be proud of how far along he is! Hopefully this helps put their mind more at ease about homeschooling!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!