Wednesday, November 29, 2017

A Month of Milestones!

Somehow this last month flew by! We have been incredibly busy, celebrating milestones, Thanksgiving, and enjoying the company of family and friends.

This incredible girl turned 9 this month. Nine whole years of knowing this spunky hilarious girl makes my heart full! She insisted on a spectacular sleepover filled with lots of slime. The girls spent hours with shaving cream, borax, and glue.
She requested a three layer green and white cake. I decided to make a five layer cake instead, and she was thrilled! "I wish we still had that cake. It was so good!" is what she just said as I write.


Jayden joined a robotics team very late in the season. Being about a month out from competition we weren't sure the school would allow him to join, but they did. He had a blast working on coding and programming! Unfortunately neither Juan nor I were able to attend the competition.

I had to drop Jayden off at the school on my way to work. I sat in that parking lot holding back tears while we waited for the robotics mentor to arrive. I had barely slept from anxiety. It was his first time on a school bus, the first time I sent him off on such a long trip alone with no way to contact him, and his first event that neither Juan nor I could go to to cheer him on. All for him to barely look back when he got on that school bus! "Bye mom!" he said with a quick kiss, before running off with his new friends. I had to laugh at myself. I still spent the whole day feeling a tremendous amount of anxiety and guilt, but when I picked him up (yes I was the first to arrive, yes I got there 20 minutes before he even got back!), he was so excited to tell me all about his day. It's amazing seeing this boy grow up!

Our littlest nugget, Joel, celebrated a milestone as well! He turned one! We are so blessed to have him in our lives. One of my favorite parts of this last year is seeing just how much everyone loves and enjoys him. He is just like his sister, little person, BIG personality!


Another milestone: he took his first steps on 11/2. He takes steps everyday but still uses his adorable scoot as his main mode of transport.



Juan and I celebrated our 17th anniversary (11 of them married)! We left the kids with close friends of ours (another milestone- our first time leaving Joel!). We saw a movie and had a nice, quiet, romantic dinner. No one to interrupt us with youtube stories or throwing food across the table.
A few days later we celebrated Thanksgiving. I am so incredibly thankful for our family! <3

The latest milestone this month, Joel now has his own room! We are slowly working on setting it up Montessori style. 
I'm sensing there will be a lot of trial and error for us! LOL!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!