Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Music Class & Art Class

Last week Jayden started taking guitar lessons. He is beyond thrilled! I didn't get any pictures because he requested that I leave him alone. I didn't want him to be the only one with his mom popping in to take pictures. Imagine me saying "Hey, don't mind me. I just need some pictures for my blog, ok?"

I think Jayden would die of embarrassment.



One of the other moms told me that I can go around and peek through the window though. Maybe I can get pictures this week!

Anyway, we got there a couple of minutes early and caught the tail end of a music and movement class that his friends were in. He was super happy to see them there and was even happier when I told him they would be in the guitar class with him.

Once he went in, Caitlin and I headed to an adjoining room. She got to do a craft and play with her friends.




Afterward we rushed home for lunch and headed out to an art class. In my haste I forgot my camera, so all I got were crappy cell phone pictures.

Miss Shirley read the kids a story called Cezanne and the Apple Boy. The book was about a famous artist and his son. The story had several reproductions of Cezanne's paintings. It was an interesting story with great illustrations.

Miss Shirley discussed different types of painting styles, blending water colors, and various artists, including Picasso. Then they had to paint a self portrait to be placed on display in their art show this spring.


 They also had to paint at least one apple in their portrait.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!