Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Science

We finally wrapped up our cnidarian unit!

First we reviewed what cnidaria look like and read about some examples of them.



 Then the kids filled out their worksheets.


Our next unit in science has us working on worms... yay? I have to admit that I have been dragging my feet on starting this unit. We have to dig up our own worms... Cait would gladly go out and get it done but Jayden isn't a fan of the dirt. Perhaps we can get away with buying some! The thought of storing them in my house really creeps me out though...



All of us have been doing our best to become healthier. This includes improving our eating habits. I found a pretty cool idea on Pinterest about growing your own romaine lettuce. The kids and I decided to make this a science project. It's super easy and it works!

All you have to do is take the stump of your romaine lettuce. Wash it off and sit it in an inch of water.


Change the water every day. (I haven't been remembering to do this daily so the stump is getting a little bit brown--oops!)

It's been 9 days and look what we have!

I have been terrible at taking care of this thing, so we probably won't eat it. I only just thought to put it in sunlight... again-oops! In my defense I've heard you can either raise children or raise plants. Plants die on me pretty quickly but my kids are still alive, so I guess I'm doing alright!

Next time I go grocery shopping I will get a new head of romaine lettuce. Hopefully we will have warmer, sunnier days to come, and our little plant will grow!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!